CBD is everywhere, but many prospective users are still new to the industry. It can be tricky to determine which product best suits your needs.
Many users employ CBD products to combat stress and anxiety, alongside contributing to a healthy lifestyle. There are numerous ways to use it to your advantage, but finding a method that works best for you is vital.
CBD for stress is most effective when used consistently. Therefore, the product you select should be something you can fit seamlessly into your lifestyle every day.
This compiled list of the best CBD products for stress should help you to make an informed decision. Check out the potential pros and cons of each method below.
CBD oil is the gold standard in the cannabinoid industry. It was the original product to hit the shelves and one that people associate most with cannabinoids.
It consists of CBD extract suspended within a carrier oil, usually hemp seed oil or coconut-derived MCT oil. You may also hear people refer to this product as a CBD tincture.
The product comes in a small bottle with a dropper top. Typical use involves squeezing a few drops of oil under the tongue, waiting for a minute or so, then swallowing. This method is called sublingual administration, and it’s thought to be incredibly effective regarding bioavailability.
It has its drawbacks, though. Some people find CBD oil less convenient than other products, with the dropper being a little fiddly. This is perhaps not the best option if stress is an issue. That said, its fast-acting nature is an advantage.
- The user gets to choose how much CBD they want to take at any time, and can change the dosage at any time.
- Sublingual administration is fast-acting and highly bioavailable, so you get more bang for your buck.
- As the flagship product, there is lots of variation on the market and something to suit everyone. You can buy full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates in oil form. Plus, there are various flavors and potencies to try.
- There are multiple ways to use CBD oil. Aside from taking it sublingually, users can make their own products with it or add it to foods and drinks.
- Natural CBD oil has an acquired taste. Hemp is earthy and bitter, and it is certainly not to everyone’s liking! Flavored options are available, but there is often still an earthy undertone. Plus, nothing can change the consistency of CBD oil.
- The dropper can be fiddly to use, and the bottle risks leaking. It’s not the best product to use if you’re carrying CBD oil on the go.
- Having to measure out the CBD yourself can be irritating. Plus, it carries a greater risk of human error, meaning you might not get a consistent amount of CBD daily.
Topicals are not usually the go-to products when it comes to using CBD for stress. These are products that you apply to the skin. They are usually touted as the solution for skin disorders and inflammation. However, they could have some merit as a stress-reliever.
CBD topicals are enormously popular, and with their growth has come the introduction of new products. Gone are the days when all you could get your hands on was a basic topical cream.
Instead, users are treating themselves to CBD-infused bath bombs. Not only do these offer the relaxing effects of bath bombs and essential oils, but they also provide the entire skin with access to CBD. It’s an excellent way to combine self-care with stress-relieving CBD.
CBD creams, too, can provide a little stress relief when used in this way. Many brands now sell topicals with a luxurious feel, like whipped body butter, infused eye serums, and charcoal cleansers. It’s possible to work CBD into every step of your skincare routine.
So, if self-care and skincare help you wind down, then CBD topicals could be a great avenue.
If you have a partner, you might even want to try CBD massage oil. Once again, this product offers a variety of benefits from things like essential oils alongside CBD. Not to mention the experience itself is ultra-relaxing.
- Luxury CBD topicals can provide a fantastic way to use cannabidiol that shakes up your routine a little.
- Topicals can help you introduce stress-relieving self-care into your routine, so there are more benefits than CBD alone.
- The popularity of topicals means there are endless options to choose from.
- Using CBD topicals can often be expensive.
- Getting a consistent dose of CBD can be challenging, especially with lotions and massage oils.
- The CBD only affects the skin and penetrates as far as the joints; while relaxing, you don’t get a truly full-body experience.
CBD gummies have become perhaps the most popular product on the market these days, surpassing even tinctures. It’s unsurprising when you consider their array of benefits. Alongside a convenient pre-measured dose of CBD, gummies have a delicious flavor that makes them something to look forward to.
You can get CBD gummies in various flavors and types, from gummy bears to sour worms. Plenty of brands also sell vegan varieties made using fruit pectin.
Some brands infuse their gummies with additional ingredients, like melatonin. These specially-designed gummies have designated purposes; in the case of melatonin, they can help the user sleep. Poor sleep is a common side effect of stress, so such products are something to look into for those enduring chronic stress.
The best CBD gummies according to WayOfLeaf.com are always made using natural ingredients. After all, people who use CBD usually seek a health-conscious approach, so it doesn’t make sense to take gummies loaded with processed sugars.
- The pre-measured dose of CBD is super convenient and means users can get a consistent amount every day.
- The delicious flavor makes CBD something to look forward to, so it’s easy to form a habit.
- Gummies are subtle and don’t run the risk of leakage, so they’re ideal for carrying on the go.
- For users with stress, there are plenty of specific options, such as CBD gummies for sleep, relaxation, and more. These may contain additives, so it’s doubly important to read the ingredients.
- There is no adaptability, so users must adhere to a stricter routine with little room for variation.
- Edibles take a little longer to kick in than gummies because they have to go through the digestive system. They are not the best option for rapid stress relief.
CBD capsules are another popular option on account of their convenience. They are exactly what they sound like: capsules infused with CBD.
Like gummies, capsules offer a convenient, pre-measured dose. They are equally as subtle and fantastic for carrying on the go.
The main difference is that capsules are flavorless. This is the best option for a no-fuss approach to CBD; all you need to do is take a capsule with water and let your body do the rest.
Like edibles, capsules have to be processed before the CBD is usable. As a result, they are slow to act and cannot provide rapid results. Plus, their bioavailability is lower than that of CBD oils.
- Each pill contains a set amount of CBD, which means a consistent dose every time. There is no measuring on part of the user.
- Most people are familiar with the format of taking pills. CBD capsules provide a standard consumption method that fits in with other multivitamins and pills.
- For those who desire a hassle-free approach to CBD, capsules are the perfect solution. They get the job done quickly and easily.
- Again, there is little wiggle room. There is no opportunity to change the dose or use them in any other way than is stated on the packaging.
- Capsules take up to an hour to kick in, which is longer than tinctures because they must first be digested.
- For some users, capsules are boring. It can be challenging to form a habit because they are a little forgettable.
Final Thoughts: Best CBD Products for Relaxing After Work
There is no set best product for reducing stress. It’s essential to find something that fits your lifestyle and delivers a solution to your needs. Thankfully, there is a vast range of CBD products available on the market, so it’s pretty easy to find something for everyone.
From tinctures to topicals and gummies to capsules, many users successfully use CBD for stress. These aren’t the only products available, either. There are vapes, other edibles, dabs, and more.
The first step in finding the perfect CBD product is research, so you can make an informed decision with this information.