Today’s world is fraught with dangers. Our personal information is a valuable commodity that’s always at risk. We use firewalls, virus blockers, and malware protection on all our computers. But, what about our personal devices? Our phones, smartwatches, tablets, and even our cars connect to the internet. How do we protect them?
Few of us in society are as secure as we should be. While technology offers safety measures to protect our data, we often neglect to use them. Hackers and malware thrive on our naivety. They count on our complacent attitude.
We will explore ways to use the internet safely from our phones, even when online at a casino.
Maunu Seppinen is an expert insider. His research and insight combine as he offers valuable tips to safeguard our information.
Browsing any app, playing games on our devices and reading articles and reviews such as those on Netti-casino.biz are basic examples of the many activities that the Finland’s tech savvy population use their phone and tablets for. However, we very rarely give a second thought to how we are exposing ourselves to potential hackers and malware. So, let’s dive in and see how we can and should optimise our devices so that we can use the internet without risk.
Basic Internet Security
According to data, the global average cost of data breaches in 2022 was 3.86 million dollars per country. Finland and Scandinavia averaged 2.51 million. Internet security is critical for all. But, you may ask, “How can I secure my phone?”.
Tech and lifestyle trends are always moving forward, as we see on exposay.com, and new exciting devices are always available. Regardless of the type of device used, you need to run updates. Android and iPhone both put out regular updates for their devices. These repair security gaps in the system and update software applications.
Another major step is to delete unused applications. These applications leave your device vulnerable to attacks. Clearing the files on your device also makes it run faster and ensures cell phone privacy.
Our expert also recommends doing regular backup runs with our devices and storing the data elsewhere, such as a hard-drive or USB. Some people will go so far as to recommend full factory resets on mobile phones and restoring any media and application that is necessary. It helps to clear your cache and data and further protect yourself.
You may notice that your internet speed has slowed down all of a sudden. While there might be various reasons for that to happen, some internet providers may restrict your connection speed on purpose. Click here to learn more about why it happens and what to do about it.
Steps to Safeguard Your iPhone
The iPhone is a leading smartphone worldwide. The attraction of the iPhone is the security measures in the operating system. For this reason, it’s among the fastest selling and most popular mobile companies worldwide. However, even with these additions, the iPhone is still vulnerable to attacks. Here are some tips on how to secure your phone. These tips will help keep the device secure and anonymous as you use the internet.
- Keeping your software up-to-date is imperative.
- Use a passcode on your device so that no one can access your phone physically. We recommend using the Facial recognition and a secure password, not a PIN to lock your device.
- Use a secure browser. The browser you choose makes a difference in the security of your device. One of the most secure and trusted browsers in the world is Kaspersky.
- Use a VPN. A VPN is a virtual private network. These allow you to work on the internet without giving hackers your location. They also provide internal security measures to protect your data.
- Always keep your passwords and security codes to yourself; don’t share them with anyone, and if you write them down somewhere, ensure that nobody else can see or find it.
Steps to Securing Your Android
The leading smartphones in Finland are Androids. According to data, almost 72% of Finns own an Android device. Android has embedded security measures in the operating system of the phones. Without changing the parameters of the system, Android has automatic measures in place.
- Google Play Protect
- 256 bit AES encryption
- Password protection
- Two-step Verification
- Find My Device
To further secure the device, the following steps are recommended.
- Set-up biometric security. This allows unlocking the phone with a fingerprint.
- Prevent unknown downloads. This is a setting called Special app settings. It allows you to block non-Google apps.
- In addition to the previous point, ensure that you don’t download any app or game from a browser, ensure that you get all downloads from the Google Play Store
- Uninstall apps that are no longer used or from unknown sources.
- Do a frequent check of Apps permissions.
- Disable the Smart Lock feature for passwords and sign-ins.
- Install a password manager. These allow for complex passwords to be cloud stored.
- Install a VPN. Finding a secure VPN service is easy and safe.
- Use an authenticator app. While some apps have authenticators installed, having a separate one allows greater control.
- Buy a physical security key. These fobs are designed to increase security, much like a car key fob.
- Place the phone in lock down mode when not in use. This locks the phone when it is idle for a set amount of time.
General Protection on Phones
Besides the given above, you can take further steps when using your device. These are often logical and clever ways to project yourself, but we often don’t think about them. For example, when browsing the internet, switch your browser to the incognito mode.
Additionally, don’t fall for phishing and vishing scams from SMSs, emails and calls. These are some of the quickest and easiest ways to expose yourself without knowing it. This happens because we are only focussed on these happening checking your email via a computer, we forget it’s still a risk from our mobile devices.
We also suggest not using public WiFi networks, especially when using social media, apps or websites that store and have access to personal details. In fact, only use these networks in cases of emergency.
A Final Thought
Whatever the reason for increased security, following these tips decreases problems. To increase online gambling security, do not store card details on the device. This will make it difficult for unauthorized use of the account. Remember to run updates to repair security gaps and update software applications and ask for advice when you need help.