If you are a fan of the sitcom Family Matters, then you must be aware of the actor Reginald VelJohnson. An accomplished and popular actor, he has risen from humble beginnings to become a global star.
We all are very aware of his acting prowess but this article aims to provide you with information about his beginning, Career, some unknown facts, and his Net worth. Read on to know more!
Reginald is a popular Global Actor who is considered the Best in his field of work. He has worked in an endlessly long list of Films, TV Shows and has lent his voice to several characters bringing them alive.
He is an African- American by birth and currently lives in California, United States.
Early Life And Family
Reginald VelJohnson was born to Reginald Sr. Johnson and Eva Johnson, on August 16, 1952, in New York City. When he turned 13, his father walked off and he lived with his mother and brother Barry.
He attended the New York University where he obtained a Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts while working in theatre productions.
Initially, his name was Reginald Vel Johnson, but he changed it to Reginald VelJohnson. The reasons are speculated, some say it was because his father had walked out while the second reason is that he wanted his name to be something memorable for people to remember.
Career And Major Milestones
The major milestones in his career are as below:
- He took on Acting as a professional career in the ’80s and made small appearances in Ghostbusters and Crocodile Dundee in 1984 and 1986 respectively. Furthermore, he played a Police Officer role in Turner & Hooch in 1989.
- He got his breakthrough in 1988 when he got a role in the movie Die Hard and went to California for 9 months. Furthermore, he continued with his role in the sequel as well.
- After the Family Matters sitcom ended, he mostly did voice overs, short films, and guest-star work in films such as The Equalizer, Will and Grace, Twice in a Lifetime, and many more.
Things You Didn’t Know About Reginald
Some unknown facts about him are as follows.
- He is the only cast member of the Sitcom Family Matters who has appeared on every episode of the show.
- He has been at the receiving end of several rumors, relating to his death which he refuted by stating on Twitter.
- Reginald has also faced rumors that he is gay. However, he refuted all the claims by marrying Barbara Avery.
The Net Worth of this accomplished world-class actor is estimated to be $5 million at present. Acting in Movies shows, and TV series along with guest appearances and voiceovers has majorly contributed to his income.