Clothing is part of life’s necessities. It can keep you warm during the cold season, the way it can cool you during summer. Your clothes can also be a way for you to express your individuality and style. However, you can’t wear the same clothes as they’ll eventually wear out. With that, you’ll have to look for and purchase new ones to replace them.
Whether you’re upgrading your wardrobe to spice up your look and align your style with the various fashion trends or looking to dress for function, buying clothes can be challenging. For one, clothes can be expensive. And as exciting as it may be to shop around for new garments, you also want to balance your needs and wants without breaking the bank. And as such, finding the best prices is vital.
Suppose you’re looking to shop without spending too much. In this article, we’ll explore the best times to go and buy clothes and list some tips on how you can find the best deal on your next shopping trip!
When Should You Go Shopping In A Clothing Outlet?
When it comes to shopping, there are generally no rules. But to score amazing deals on clothes and fashionable pieces, knowing when to time your trip to the mall can go a long way.
1. During A Sales Promotion Event
One of the best times to go shopping is once the clothing outlet you’re a fan of is hosting a sale. Whether it’s an online marketplace, such as The DOM or a physical store, you can get clothing pieces at a discounted price during such times.
There are various types of sales promotion strategies that outlets implement. Their goal is generally to promote their products and brand and generate sales. And in most cases, to clear out inventory and stocks.
To name a few, here are some of the common sales promotion events clothing outlets conduct:
• Flash Sale: Flash sales can create hype around a brand’s products as this type generally lasts for a limited period. You can take advantage of flash sales since, in most cases, prices can get chopped by about 50% during the first few hours of the sales campaign.
• BOGO Sale: Buy one, get one for free sales promotions can be one of the best deals to anticipate when buying clothes. Essentially, with this campaign, you’d get two purchase two items for the price of one. But due to the demand and number of customers taking advantage of BOGO sales, stocks can easily run out. And as such, consider visiting the store during the first day of the sale to score the best pieces.
• Percentage Discounts And Coupons: While some clothing outlets may not host a full-scale sale event, that doesn’t mean you can’t score discounts. In some cases, stores conduct 10% to 20% off on selected items. Some brands also give away coupons you can use on your next visit.
Most clothing outlets will post on their website or social media pages announcements and advertisements about their upcoming sales. You can also sign up for store newsletters to be on the mailing list and get email notifications on upcoming events.
2. Annual Holidays And Sales
Annual retail holidays are also one of the best times to go shopping in any clothing outlet of your choosing. Brands usually take advantage of such seasons to entice retail consumers into checking out and buying their products.
With that, consider using a retail holiday calendar to guide you on various key shopping dates to remember. To give you a few ideas, the following annual holidays are known for hosting sales:
• Black Friday Sale: This annual event that started in the US has become one of the biggest discounted sale events in the retail industry. More clothing outlets seem to be getting on board with big discounts and sales that run throughout the month, thus giving you a chance to buy whatever you want. In addition, this sales event marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season, another best shopping time to look forward to!
• Cyber Monday: Cyber Monday, known as the extended shopping sale from Thanksgiving weekend, is a sales event allowing retail consumers coming from brick-and-mortar clothing outlets during Black Friday to continue their shopping escapade online. You can take advantage of this and get huge discounts from your favorite brand.
• Super Saturday: Also known as ‘Panic Saturday’, this event is essential during the holiday shopping season, considering it’s the last weekend before Christmas. Clothing brands and retailers usually hold last-minute deals and sales that you can take advantage of to buy clothes and spruce up your wardrobe or gift your friends and family.
• End Of Year Financial Sale: If you’re in Australia, another holiday sale to look out for is the end of financial year (EYOF) sale, which generally falls at the end of June. Some retailers and clothing brands make the most out of this closing season to lower their prices and offer discounts on their products.
• After-Christmas or New Year’s Day Sale: Believe it or not, even after the Christmas shopping season, there’s still another time you buy clothes at a discounted price. Usually, from December 26 to January 1, clothing outlets and brands launch year-end sales to clear and sort their inventories in preparation for the upcoming new year.
3. At The End Of Every Season
The fashion calendar has four seasons, divided into two categories: spring and summer and fall and winter. It’s essential to note this since every time the season changes, most clothing outlets conduct clearance sales to clear store racks and inventories to make way for other new clothes, fashion styles, and products. This is especially since last season’s items may no longer be relevant to the current season. And as such, you can certainly take advantage of these huge discounts and other store promotions.
And while you won’t necessarily be able to wear these clothes you recently bought, you can still keep them in your closet and use them after the season passes. For instance, if you visit a clothing outlet at the end of the winter season, perhaps around late January or early February, you can get to maximize good deals on winter clothes and accessories.
Alternatively, if you time your shopping trip around late August or early September, you can come across various summer garments.
You can check out your favorite clothing outlet for how much discount you can get as stores’ discount generally varies from the other. However, one thing’s for sure; end-of-the-season sales can help you save some money on seasonal wardrobes.
4. Right After New Years’ Eve And Prom Season
The original prices of formal wear, such as tuxedos and gowns, tend to be expensive. This is especially the case as formal seasons such as New Year’s Eve parties, prom, and homecoming dances arrive. After all, such events can bring a lot of sales to formal clothes brands, and most retailers tend to increase the price due to high demand.
With that in mind, if you are looking to buy formal wear, perhaps you’re attending a gala or a friend’s wedding, consider timing your shopping after such seasons. If you can avoid shopping during these times, the more you can make the most out of your budget for a formal dress or tux.
Suppose you’re planning to visit an outlet store instead of shopping online, and perhaps taking advantage of a sale is not much of your concern but rather the crowd and possible congestion. In such a case, you can consider the following tips:
• Shop On Weekdays: Generally, one can expect that outlets and malls can get busy on weekends. Regardless of whether there’s a sale or not, chances are, it can get crowded.
And so, if you wish to browse and buy clothes in peace and not have to worry about long lines in the fitting room, it may be best to shop Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
• Time Your Visit: If scheduling your visit to a clothing outlet on weekdays is not possible, consider timing your shopping strategically. For instance, you can visit during non-peak hours such as in the morning, around 10 am to noon, or in the evening.
Shopping for clothes can be an exciting task as you get to explore various styles, allowing you to express your creativity and individuality and, at the same time, find something that meets your needs. However, clothes can be expensive. If you’re on a budget, you’ll need to find ways of saving some cash while getting the best deals. And one great way to do this is to know the best times to go shopping.
And as discussed above, you can make the most out of various sales promotion events and get discounts on certain clothing items. It’s also best to buy clothes during season transitions as most clothing outlets and brands conduct clearance sales. So, take time and look for sales all through the year and be ready to battle the crowds.