Even though you likely wear a bra every day, you must-have for years, although we know bra shopping can be exhausting on different levels. There are a variety of bras to choose from, different brands and fits.
A lot of people are shaped differently, and especially if you are trying to find a bra for a specific issue. For those who have wide-set breasts selecting the perfect bra can be even more challenging.
Even though the beauty industry has come out with a lot of new styles of bras for all types of breasts, the options seem to be less. Yet the beauty industry has come out with some best bras for wide-set breasts. Wide-set breasts are very naturally occurring in women as they are also breasts just with a little more gap in between.
There are bras that help in such issues as the beauty industry is all about making you feel beautiful from outside as well as inside and also solving all your flaws to make you flawless.
A wide-set of breasts is when you can fit about three or more fingers between your breast roots. The best type of breasts for the bra industry is the ones that have a gap of about one or two fingers. Very naturally having wide-set breasts is still a challenge because the styles of bras become limited.
The biggest problem with wide-set breasts is that they are going to tend towards the outer edge of your cup. All of the parts of a bra work together to give you the best support and shape. It is all about finding the right style to flatter your unique shape. Bras with side support are going to be the best at centering your breasts.
The best bra for wide-set breasts should have side paneling that will not let the breasts to fall outwards, should have vertical flat seams that shape and support your breast which helps to load of the area near the armhole, the bra should center you and also have underwire to support, although make sure it is comfortable to wear.
Stay with us and read on to find out the best bra for wide-set breasts.
10 BEST BRA FOR WIDE SET BREASTS – DETAILED REVIEWS AND COMPARISON
|Calvin Klein Women’s Perfectly Fit T-Shirt Bra||Calvin Klein Women’s Perfectly Fit T-Shirt Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Wingslove Women’s Everyday Basic Comfort Bra||Wingslove Women’s Everyday Basic Comfort Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Lily of France Women’s Value in Style Smooth Bra||Lily of France Women’s Value in Style Smooth Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Maidenform Women’s Custom Lift Tailored Satin Demi Bra||Maidenform Women’s Custom Lift Tailored Satin Demi Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Hanes Women’s Convertible Seamless Wire Free Bra||Hanes Women’s Convertible Seamless Wire Free Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Rosme Womens Balconette Bra Collection Annija||Rosme Womens Balconette Bra Collection Annija||
||Check On Amazon|
|Freya Women’s Deco Vibe Underwire Molded Plunge Bra||Freya Women’s Deco Vibe Underwire Molded Plunge Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Cleo Women’s Koko Plunge||Cleo Women’s Koko Plunge||
||Check On Amazon|
|Fantasie Women’s Lois Underwire Side Support Bra||Fantasie Women’s Lois Underwire Side Support Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
|Freya Women’s Marvel Underwire Side Panel Bra||Freya Women’s Marvel Underwire Side Panel Bra||
||Check On Amazon|
1. Calvin Klein Women’s Perfectly Fit T-Shirt Bra – Our Most Effortless Everyday Bra
It is a t-shirt bra which is supposed to be the most comfortable bra for a woman for everyday wear. This T-shirt bra is from a well-known brand. It is made to fit perfectly and naturally; it is lightly lined with a memory touch. This means the bra will remember the fitting of the women who wear it regularly. It is the best bra for wide-spaced breasts and also for big bust women as the sizes are easily available and are in the perfect fit.
This product consists of 72% Nylon and 28% Elastane. This t-shirt boasts an underwire cup that has a foam contour pad for modesty and shape. The underwire is comfortable and does not hurt while wearing, and the padding helps in pushing the breasts together in the middle.
It has a smooth stretch microfiber fabric which, while stretching, does not create lumps and is smooth. It has a crisscrossed center gore which gives upliftment to the breasts in the middle to create cleavage. It has the Calvin Klein logo printed on the sideband.
The t-shirt bra has adjustable back straps with a feature tonal logo, with three columns and a two-row hook and eye back closure. This gives great back support while wearing the bra, and it does not pinch in the back because of the wideband.
- Comfortable for big bust women as well as wide-set breasts.
- The product has a durable life span
- The product fits like a glove
- Can be returned if not found satisfying.
- The straps keep falling off the shoulders and have to be readjusted all the time.
2. Wingslove Women’s Everyday Basic Comfort Bra – The Ultimate Demi Bra for Women
This product is a comfortable demi t-shirt bra with a plunging feature that helps in accentuating one’s assets. The narrow center allows the bra to be worn with deep and low-cut t-shirts, tops and dresses.
The bra also comes with an underwire feature that is adjustable; this ensures minimal levels of discomfort if any. The band provides support and stretches seamlessly which makes it comfortable for all-day wear.
The bra is made out of 80% nylon and 20% elastane, which allows it to be a smooth, breathable fabric and keeps you cool. Hand washing is preferred to increase the longevity of the product. This product is available in five different colors nude, black, white, blue and pink.
This gives you a wide range from to choose your favorite bra from. This product also comes in various sizes ranging from 32A to 38DD. This ensures that it is a bra fit for everyone.
This product is the best bra for wide breasts as plunge will help to push the breasts in the middle and give a fuller look to your chest.
- It is a good quality product for the price it offers.
- It is comfortable as it has a smooth and breathable fabric.
- The product is returnable with a full refund.
- The cup size can be an issue sometimes as they may be small compared to the bra size.
- The bra is tight on the rib area.
3. Lily of France Women’s Value in Style Smooth Bra – The Sensual Lace Bra
The bra is a push-up styled feminine form of undergarment which provides optimum support to the breasts. The bra has lace detailing in the straps and at the front of the bra providing a whimsical feminine touch to the bra itself.
The bra is made of 85 % of nylon and 15% spandex and sports an eye-hook back closure. The undergarment provides support through both underwire and padding along the bottom of the bra that provides a lift that will accentuate and desirably shape the wearer’s breasts.
The sizing of this bra is not the best range providing only an array of four sizes, further this style of bra would not be suitable for those who are wide chested as there is a lack of sizing and the style itself is not suited for small-breasted people. This style may cause discomfort to big/ wide set breasts, as the bra may feel quite binding.
- The quality is worth the price.
- The product is comfortable.
- The padding is just right for giving natural uplift to smaller boobs.
- The bra band is way too stretchy and not firm.
- Have to order a bigger size for big breast women, as the size chart is not proper.
4. Maidenform Women’s Custom Lift Tailored Satin Demi Bra – Sexy Stain Regular Bra
It’s essential that you explore all your options before buying the one. And the Maidenform Custom Lift Demi Bra has to be one of them. It offers a personalised fit without feeling tight. Made of nylon and elastane, this demi bra offers a seamless design, and is good for lifting breasts, shaping, and firming.
The flattering colours look well under sleeveless clothing and give your breasts a smooth and minimal look. For wide-set breasts, these features are very important.
Your breasts need a good contour for underwire support, so your breasts don’t feel stuffy and hot. No matter what the weather is outside! The straps that line this bra are soft and tight. But not too tight to push into your skin at the back! Unlike our previous pick, this bra won’t fold your skin near the hook and eye closure.
The straps on this bra are non-adjustable. But don’t let this bother or disappoint you, as they don’t show or fall off your shoulders. Being non-adjustable, finding the right size gives you the comfiest fit. This works under rayon blends and cotton t-shirts.
- Best seamless underwire bra for wide-set breasts.
- The smooth fabric stays in place.
- It has Contour which gives natural shape to the breast.
- The back strap shows under thin materials.
5. Hanes Women’s Convertible Seamless Wire Free Bra- Seamlessly Perfect Bra
The bra for a custom fit with convertible straps is what women should want. Especially, for women with wide-set breasts. The Hanes Convertible Seamless Wire-Free Bra is adjustable and supportive. And in many ways, it has a versatile fit than what other wire-free bras allow. The biggest problem with an underwire bra can be that it’s slightly uncomfortable and pokey wire sticking out under the bust.
Not having this can be the perfect game-changer for wide-set breasts. You don’t have to worry about getting loose support from the sides. The smart cup support covers everything that should be covered. On a lighter note, this super soft fabric has itch-free comfort. Hanes has even made sure there isn’t a noticeable tag hanging at the side. This gives your skin greater relief from skin irritation and itchiness while you move around.
To support broad shoulders, you need to go a size up than normal. And with this bra, you no longer have to juggle between two different sizes altogether. The bra has zero paddings but it’s nice to wear under a plain t-shirt. However, if you want lift support, these fail to provide that.
- Lightweight and relaxing bra.
- Suitable for nursing and maternity wear.
- The fabric is itch-free and irritation-free.
- The cups have no padding.
- Not the best lift and support bra.
6. Rosme Womens Balconette Bra Collection Annija – Floral Fun with Comfort Bra
The best bras for wide-set breasts come with a fit that’s too perfect to be real. The Rosme Balconette Bra is one such gem for most women. Each bra is true to its size. With a shape and design that fits wide-set breasts perfectly.
If you’re finding it hard to find a bra that makes your breasts look perky. It’s time to upgrade to this pick. This balconette bra pulls that off effortlessly. It works with all kinds of clothing, including casual wear.
The side support is on point and comfy. Giving you no room to complain about the side bulges or bustline stuffiness! You won’t even face the common “back fat” bulge with broad-chested women. This balconette bra has wider straps than most other bras.
- Comfortable and sturdy fabric.
- Best minimiser bra for large breasts.
- Has side support and extra shoulder support as well.
- The straps may slide off your shoulders.
- They lack adjustability as well.
7. Freya Women’s Deco Vibe Underwire Molded Plunge Bra – Amazingly Comfortable Underwire Bra
This plunge bra is voted the best everyday bra for large breasts. The Freya Vibe makes you think of supporting large breasts as less uncomfortable. And more as something you should have tried long ago. This bra can be worn with plain T-shirts and casual dresses.
It is an excellent example of how far a bra can go to provide comfort and support. The enhanced cleavage and neck edge binding are proof of that. This moulded underwire bra is not the least bit uncomfortable.
The underwire doesn’t poke out or pinch your skin. You won’t feel it’s on you after you wear it. The material feels that soft and breathable against the skin. For wide-set breasts, the J-hook adjuster provides back and shoulder support.
Let’s discuss its good and bad side (if any) before we decide its worthiness.
- The gore feels comfy and smooth.
- The band and cups offer incredible support.
- It has J-hooker adjuster which provides great support.
- The bra is not true to size.
8. Cleo Women’s Koko Plunge – Supportive and Plunge Best Bra
You must consider the Cleo Women’s Koko Plunge; it’s the best in the business for wide-set breasts. Offering incredible seamless support and back adjustment, this is one of the best bras for wide-set breasts. It comes with a fully adjustable strap with a racerback option. You can alternate between different styles.
To see what might suit you best, depending on the kind of support you need. The underwire has a signature wire casing which reduces pressure. The basic colors can be worn under any fabric. The underwire doesn’t poke out or feel stuffy under a plain T-shirt.
You’ll love the fit and support for wide-set breasts. The neck-edge straps are elastic and interchangeable. You can change the straps from racerback to non-slip to suit your style.
- Lightweight and minimizing fit.
- The smooth microfiber material reduces sweating.
- Multi-way straps give variety in the style of wearing the bra.
- Not suitable for smaller breasts sizes
- The underwire puts a lot of pressure on the rib area.
9. Fantasie Women's Lois Underwire Side Support Bra - Non-Sweating and Underwire Bra
You need something better to support your wide-set breasts. As far as support and fit go, size matters. And nobody understands that better than the Fantasie Lois Underwire. The top part of this bra is more supportive than the lower half. Nevertheless, it offers great support and comfort.
The supports at the sides push your breasts toward the center, without feeling too stuffy or causing sweating or discomfort of any kind. This underwire bra has a much different style than most other choices. That is because it features a lace lining that makes the bra look flattering.
The lace lining of the bra can be made supportive if you go a size up. This wouldn’t interfere with the cup or band size. And as the material is quite stretchy and firm to fit.
- The semi-sheer panel offers seamless comfort.
- The fabric lasts for a long time.
- It has side and back support.
- The cups are smaller in size.
10. Freya Women's Marvel Underwire Side Panel Bra - All Day Comfortable Wear Bra
Compared to the best bras for wide-set breasts, the Freya Side Panel Bra is impressive. It offers the comfiest side panels for side support. You won’t know side support for wide-set breasts until you try this one! The fit of this bra works like a charm.
You can wear this bra for as long as 8 hours, and it still doesn’t feel stuffy and hot underneath. It keeps your breasts in place and feels comfy for all-day wear.
The material isn’t thick to cause sweating; the cups offer good padding without feeling too stuffy. Nor do they allow nipple see-through. Plus, they go well with wide-set breasts of any size!
The underwire is padded, unlike many other underwire bras. The cup, band, and straps are made of a breathable material, and the straps remain wide and seamless enough for comfort. This provides a good anchorage for better gore support, which is a must for wide-set breasts in women.
- Offers a slight lift from the sides.
- Comfortable and natural-shaping bra.
- It can be worn for more than 8 hours.
- The fabric loses its elasticity.
- Not the most durable bra.
You’ll love the fit and support for wide-set breasts. The neck-edge straps are elastic and interchangeable. You can change the straps from racer back to non-slip to suit your style.
ULTIMATE BUYING GUIDE OF THE BEST BRA FOR YOUR WIDE SET BREASTS
A bra, short for brassiere, is a form-fitting undergarment designed to support or cover the wearer's breasts. Bras are designed for a variety of purposes, including enhancing a woman's breast size, creating cleavage, or for other aesthetic, fashion or more practical considerations.
Swimsuits, camisoles, and backless dresses may have built-in breast support. Nursing bras are designed to facilitate breastfeeding. Some women have a medical and surgical need for brassieres, but most women wear them for fashion or cultural reasons. There is no evidence that bras actually prevent breasts from sagging.
Bras have gained importance beyond their mere functionality as a garment. Women's choices about what kind of bra to wear are consciously and unconsciously affected by social perceptions of the ideal female body shape, which changes over time. Bras have become a fashion item and cultural statement that are sometimes purposefully revealed by the wearer or even worn as outerwear.
Bras are complex garments made of many parts. Manufacturing standards assume idealized, standard breast shapes and sizes that don't match most women's bodies. Companies use vanity sizes to influence women to purchase sizes that give the impression they are slimmer or more buxom.
In addition, international manufacturing standards and measurement methods vary widely. Due to these challenges, women have a hard time finding a correctly fitting bra. When they do find one that appears to fit, they tend to continue wearing the same bra size despite weight gain or loss.
All of these factors result in up to 85% of those women who wear bras choosing and wearing the wrong size. Due to the difficulty in finding a correctly fitting bra, a majority of women commonly experience discomfort while wearing a bra.
Women's choices about what bra to wear are consciously and unconsciously affected by social perceptions of the ideal female body shape, which changes over time. As lingerie, women wear bras for sex appeal. Bras can also be used to make a social statement as evidenced by Jean-Paul Gaultier's designs and the cone-shaped bra Madonna wore outside her clothing on her Blond Ambition World Tour.
In the 1920s in the United States, the fashion was to flatten the breasts as typified in the flapper era. During the 1940s and 1950s, the sweater girl became fashionable, supported by a bullet bra as worn by Jane Russell and Patti Page.
In the early 1960s, smaller breasts gained popularity, and in the late 1990s larger breasts became more fashionable. Iris Marion Young described preferences in the United States in 1990: "round, sitting high on the chest, large but not bulbous, with the look of firmness." This is regarded as contradictory in several ways.
As outerwear, bras in the form of bikini tops in the 1950s became the acceptable public display in modern times. During the 1960s, designers and manufacturers introduced padded and underwire bras. After the Miss America protest in September 1968, manufacturers were concerned that women would stop wearing bras.
In response, many altered their marketing and claimed that wearing their bra was like "not wearing a bra". In the 1970s, women sought more comfortable and natural-looking bras.
Victoria's Secret commissions a fantasy bra every fall. In 2003 it hired the jeweler Mouawad to design one containing more than 2500 carats of diamonds and sapphires; valued at US$10 million, it was the world's most valuable bra at the time.
Features to Look While Buying Bras for Wide-Set Breasts
• Side Support
If you have wide-set breasts than side support is a must when you buy a bra. Side support has been a saviour for wide-set breast for a long time. This helps to centre your breasts and gives support on the side, so there is no fallout from the sides.
For wide-set breasts, they provide medium coverage, while naturally enhancing your breasts. With this, there is less side projection, and your breasts are pointing in front and upwards.
• Wide Gore
Make sure that the bra you select should have a wide gore in the middle of the bra. The gore is the part where the two cups of the bra are attached together. For wide-set breasts, you should always choose the bra with a big or wide gore in the middle.
As it gives you a comfortable room to move around in, the gore should sit on the breast bone perfectly because you do not want to adjust your bra 30 times a day. If the wide gore does not sit on the breast bone, it means that you have selected a wrong size.
The best bra for wide set breast would be the one with wide gore in the middle.
• Triangle Shaped Bra Doesn’t Hurt
A triangle-shaped bra is the best bra spaced for wide-set breasts. It is lightweight, breathable and soft, and will reduce the pressure on the side near the armpit area because it will make your breasts fall in the middle and in front.
This bra comes with underwire, and without underwire, it is your choice which one is comfortable for you to wear. This bra boosts your shape and gives you a natural look. For super support and additional design features such as boning or seams might help.
• Pay Attention to the Straps
Do you want to understand your bra’s anatomy? Then know that the straps play a crucial role in supporting your wide-set breasts. The function of a strap is more than keeping the cup in the right place. It is what helps maintain stability and provides extra support.
While the band is what keeps the bra horizontal, the straps maintain the vertical fit of the bra. If you buy a bra without any strap adjustability, you’re missing out on a lot. To support and comfort wide-set breasts, you need adjustable straps.
They help with minimizer bras to reduce skin irritation and tightness. Consider buying bras with slightly thicker straps with adjustability as they’re good for long-term use and do not look worn out easily.
Read our review of the best strapless bra for large breasts.
• Proper Closure
Do you want to standard hook and eye gusset at the back? Or do you prefer buying a front closure bra for better support? The debate between the two for wide-set breasts is still going on. Back closure bras are popular and effective.
But front closure, for wide-set breasts, brings things together in a more natural manner. So, there’s less of squeezing your breasts inside the bra, and more of comfortably wrapping them, from the front, with back support.
Watch the following video for some additional tips:
Frequently Asked Questions
• What type of bra is comfortable for my wide-set breasts?
The ones which are mentioned above are the few best bras which can give you the best result. You can choose from these as per your wish and see which one is the best for you as everyone has a personal choice and all the bras mentioned above are the best bras for wide-set breasts.
Look for bras with a wider center panel to accommodate wide and large breasts. The triangle-shaped panel holds the breasts correctly.
Bras with side support panels push breasts closer together to give you a more enhanced cleavage look and feel. An enhanced cup design will give your wide-set breasts a perkier and forward shape.
Wearing a bra without an underwire has many benefits, but what it does best the most is offer seamless padding comfort. Your breasts don’t squeeze together under pressure, nor does the underwire poke from under the bustline. A soft, wire-free cup bra gives your breasts a better shape and definition.
Push-up bras with underwire are not that bad. Make sure they give you a push from the bottom of the breast and the sides. This pushes the breasts together to reduce the center gore width. This not only gives you an enhanced cleavage, but it also makes your breasts look perkier.
• Which bra gives the best cleavage if I have wide-set breasts?
To get the best cleavage, you can choose from these six bras: Plunge underwire bra, soft cup bra, triangle-shaped bra, t-shirt bra, molded underwire bra, t-shirt convertible lightly plunge bra.
Each of these bras has something different, which may help you to create the desirable cleavage you want. As the plunge bras, push the breasts in the center and also uplift them if they are lightly padded. The triangle-shaped bra makes your breasts point in front and reduces pressure on the sidearm area. The t-shirt bra gives proper support and coverage to your wide-set breasts. The molded bras are the best bra for spaced breasts, as they give a proper shape to the breasts.
• What to look while buying the best fitting bra for my wide-set breasts?
While buying the best fitting bra for your wide-set breasts, you are supposed to be aware of these things:
- Accept that you’re likely wearing the wrong size.
- Really pay attention to the band.
- Know what a proper fit feels like.
- Swap out bras on a semi-regular basis.
- Consider your breast shape.
- Think about fabrics.
Having a large separation between the breasts, it’s not uncommon at all; we literally have thousands of women just like you land on this page searching for information. Having wide-spaced boobs is not something that you should worry about, be ashamed of or insecure about. Each woman’s breasts are unique to her, like a fingerprint.
Some women may search out breast augmentation procedures to “correct” what they think is a problem when it is completely natural to have a gap between their breasts. Media, celebrities and plastic surgeons love to push the “Barbie doll syndrome” to make money off unneeded surgery. Just for the record, there is no surgery to move the breasts closer to the center.
We all have many different types of bras for wide-set breasts, big and small. Generally speaking, you will find that plunge, Demi – cup and front closure bras will have a much wider set of cups than many other styles of bras. If you have not read our bra fitting guide yet, we first suggest doing so and then purchasing your bra.
There is nothing much that can be done for wide-set breasts. All you need to do is find the best bra which will help you with your wide-set breasts. Some of the best bras for wide-set breasts are included in this writing, which may come to your rescue.
Check out these models also:
- WIRED AND WONDERFUL - TruSupport 4-way underwire support system with higher sides, fuller cups,...
- THE COVERAGE YOU WANT - Close-to-full coverage with balconette contours, wide-set straps, and a...
- OH-SO SMOOTH CUPS - Light foam lining and seamless construction create a sleek look under tees and...
- NO-POKE, NO-DIG, NO-SHOW WIRES - You'll never see the wires, all you'll feel is the support.
- THE PRESSURE IS OFF - Cotton-lined straps give your shoulders a break.
- ►The postoperative bra made of Spandex and Nylon.Garment infused with Vitamin E micro capsules to...
- ►Front 3 hook closure, easy to wear; designed to provide the post-surgical support
- ►The racerback support bra is engineered to boost posture and reduce back pain
- ►Gentle but firm support with Nylon material.
- ►Wide, comfortable bottom seam around the Torso. We only sell the highest quality bra with the...
- Black, White, In the Buff: 94% Nylon, 6% Spandex; Charcoal Heather: 53% Nylon, 41% Polyester, 6%...
- Built-in bottom bump padding that lifts and shapes
- Support without the wire
- Seamless for a smooth silhouette. Soft and smooth stretch fabric.
- Front adjustable straps, Ribbed bottom band, Smoothing ballet back, 3 column 3 row back hook and eye...
- Covered with a mesh overlay the smooth featherlight contour pads mold to your shape and offer a...
- Lace embroidered with feathers at the center sides and back frame the body.
- As a T-shirt bra this style can be worn under nearly any top or dress while also offering a...
- Adjustable stretch straps that increase with larger sizes for optimal support.
- We recommend referring to our branded size chart and measuring guide before selecting your size.
- BUILT-IN COMFORT AND SUPPORT - TruSupport 4-way wireless support system with higher sides, fuller...
- NATURAL-LOOKING LIFT - Magic Ring construction with panels that support from the bottom up.
- A HERITAGE OF SUPERB SUPPORT - Built around the Playtex 18 Hour M-Frame, supporting women in comfort...
- KEEP YOUR COOL - Cool Comfort moisture-wicking jacquard fabric with delicate picot trim helps keep...
- NO-BULGE BACK AND SIDES - Stretch satin paneled for even more smooth comfort.
- ❤Deisgn of Top: underwired lingerie set with lace cups are seamed for better push-up support,...
- ❤Design of Bottom: Sexy g-string panty matching with lace high waist cincher and adjustable garter...
- ❤Occasions:This push up lingerie set perfect for Special Night,boudoir photo shoot,wedding...
- ❤Warm Notice:Hand wash recommended. Please refer to the size measurement before ordering.This...
- ❤Package Content:1 x Women Lingerie Set with Garter Belt(stockings are not included)Please refer...
- Chill fx lining in the cups cools and wicks away moisture
- Set-in cups for shaping and support
- Cushioned camisole straps for enhanced comfort