Henry Cavill is glad he didn't have to wear Superman's famous red underpants.
The actor is set to soar in his new role as the iconic superhero in 'Man of Steel', but admits he was relieved producers opted not to incorporate the character's unsightly crimson briefs in their updated costume design, as he feared they'd make him a laughing stock.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''Kids now are growing up without any knowledge of the previous incarnations of Superman. They would probably look at him and say, 'Why is he wearing his underwear on the outside?' ''
The 30-year-old hunk recently said he found it difficult to control his bladder while filming the big budget action blockbuster because there was no fly to unzip.
He explained: ''It's quite a tight suit. Going to the lavatory wasn't the easiest thing. It would take some time to get in and out, [so] I'd have to wait.''
Henry's portrayal of the famed superhero has earned rave reviews and it appears the actor is already a hit with fans, too, after topping a poll of comic book characters the British public would most like to be saved by.
The actor earned 25 per cent of the vote in a poll conducted by Cadbury Heroes, while Lynda Carter's sexy, lasso-wielding Wonder Woman came in second place.
Superheroes Britons would most want to be saved by results:
1. Superman (Henry Cavill) - 25%
2. Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) - 23%
3. Batman (Christian Bale) - 10%
4. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) - 7%
5. Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) - 7%
6. Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - 6%
7. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) - 5%
8. The Hulk (Edward Norton) - 4%
9. Flash Gordon (Sam Jones) - 3%
10. Captain America (Chris Evans) - 2%