Lindsay Lohan faces being sued following her car accident on Friday (08.06.12).
The troubled actress was travelling on the Pacific Coast Highway near Los Angeles when her Porsche crashed into an 18-wheel truck and although the driver, James, initially said he was fine, he has now hired a lawyer and is set to seek damages from the star.
James told gossip website TMZ.com he saw a doctor yesterday (10.06.12), who confirmed he was injured and now wants money for his pain and troubles.
James has previously claimed one of Lindsay's assistant removed a mysterious pink bag from the Porsche and asked him not to mention it to the media.
He said: ''The guy took me across the street and told me this was some kind of famous person and they didn't want to be in the media. They packed a bag and then the limousine driver told me, 'Don't mention the bag to the cops.' ''
He also alleged Lindsay's people offered to pay him straightaway following the crash, but he declined.
Lindsay - who recently completed her probation relating to a 2007 DUI charge - initially claimed James was responsible for the crash, telling friends: ''The truck cut me off.''
However, she has since said the brakes weren't working properly on her rented car.
A source added: ''Lindsay is sticking with the 'truck cut me off!!!' story, but with a twist, she claims she slammed on the brakes, but nothing.''
Following the crash, Lindsay, 25, was taken to hospital and after being given the all clear, she returned to work to carry on filming movie 'Liz & Dick', in which she plays the late Dame Elizabeth Taylor.