Jennifer Hudson has canceled a scheduled video shoot after deciding it is "too early" to go back to work following the murders of her mother, brother and nephew.
The 27-year-old star - who was confirmed to be filming the promo for new single "If It Isn't Love" in Los Angeles last week by her music label J Records - couldn't face returning to work after the shootings of mother Darnell Donerson Hudson, brother Jason Hudson and seven-year-old nephew Julian King in October.
A source said: "The video was set up before the tragedy and she felt like she should finish what she started, but she's realized that she's not ready to go back to work. It's too early."
However, a spokesperson for Jennifer - who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in 2006 movie "Dreamgirls" - insists she did not pull out of the shoot.
The representative told Usmagazine.com: "The original shoot plans were speculation. The video was never confirmed, so there was nothing to cancel. J Records' statement was erroneous."
Darnell and Jason were found shot dead in their Chicago home on October 24. The body of seven-year-old Julian King was found in a SUV (sports utility vehicle) in another part of Chicago three days later.
William Balfour, Jennifer's estranged brother-in-law, has been charged with the killings, although he maintains he had no involvement in the shootings.
Jennifer has remained in seclusion since the tragedy.