Colin Farrell is fighting reports he checked into rehab after overdosing on a dangerous cocktail of narcotics.
The actor's publicist - who has confirmed the star is being treated for drug addiction and exhaustion - has reportedly denied he was rushed to hospital after overdosing on cocaine and marijuana. It had been claimed the Irish hellraiser was rushed to an emergency room in Uruguay - where he is filming his new movie 'Miami Vice' - where doctors discovered marijuana, cocaine and an unidentified third substance in his blood.
Farrell checked into a rehab center this week after admitting he had become addicted to prescription painkillers after being given them for a bad back.
His Los Angeles publicist, Danica Smith, said: "Colin Farrell has checked himself into a treatment centre for exhaustion and a dependency to prescription medication which was prescribed to him for a back injury "No other comments will be made at this time."
The wild star is known for his love of women and partying. Last year, he confessed to a magazine that he had even smoked heroin. He admitted: "For some reason, it seemed pretty f*****g nice at the time. There was nothing I wouldn't have f*****g done. Whatever was around."